Acoustical Blankets Installation Instructions
Acoustical Blankets Installation Instructions: Barrier Backed Products – ANC-AB110EXT-N
The barrier-backed EXT-N style sound curtain offers the benefits of both sound absorption and noise barrier products in one for outdoor applications. A non-reinforced 1-LB psf loaded vinyl barrier is bonded to a 1” thick exterior grade vinyl-coated-polyester-faced quilted fiberglass absorber. Curtain panels are constructed with grommets across the top and bottom, and exterior grade Velcro seals along the vertical edges. The product is also available in roll form with edges bound or unbound.
Material typically required to complete an installation:
Acoustical Panels, Zip ties, or other mechanical fasteners.
1. Determine the area to be covered.
2. Referring to the panel layout drawing for panel positions and using an appropriate mechanical fastener
Moving from left to right install the acoustical panels.
• Using zip ties or other mechanical fasteners attach each panel to the support frame through the grommets supplied along the top, middle, and bottom of each panel.
• Make sure that the quilted fiberglass sides of the acoustical panels face the noise source.
• Each progressive panel should overlap the previous panel by approximately 2″. Secure pieces in place via the mating vertical Velcro on adjacent edges.
Note: if you have too much or too little material to cover a particular area the overlap of the Velcro strips can be adjusted, though not less a 1″ overlap between adjacent panels is recommended.